Take the Right Steps to Prevent SLIPS, TRIPS, & FALLS
Ultimately choosing how safe you work is up to the individual employee. No one wants to get hurt but occasionally we let our guard down. We get distracted by random thoughts or doing multiple activities. Getting in a hurry or taking shortcuts are other examples of how employees may choose not to work as safely as they could. In the end it’s up to each individual to plan, stay alert, pay attention and work as safely as possible.
Injuries caused by slips, trips and falls are common in the workplace. These type injuries are also some of the easiest for the employee to prevent by taking control of their own work environment.
Take the right steps to control slips, trips and falls:
- Pay attention and WATCH WHERE YOU WALK
- KEEP THE FLOORS AS CLEAN AND DRY as possible
- CLEAN UP SPILLS as soon as possible
- POST WET FLOORSIGNS when needed
- WEAR SLIP RESISTANT SHOES
FACT – Slips, trips and falls:
- Account for 15% of all accidental deaths per year
- Account for approximately 25% of all reported injury claims per fiscal year
- Account for more than 95 million lost work days per year