SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO FOLLOW
- Guards must be provided and adjusted properly. Replace damaged guards.
- Before use, check the manufacturer’s stated running speeds, or markings on the grinder, and grinder wheel for the maximum speed that it can be used.
- Follow manufacturer’s manual for the safe use of grinder wheel guards.
- Clean and service grinders according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Ensure that a grinder will not operate when unattended by checking the dead-man (constant pressure) switch.
- Wear safety glasses or goggles, or a face shield (with safety glasses or goggles) to protect against flying particles.
- Ensure the floor around the work area is clean.
- Do not use wheels that are cracked or those that excessively vibrate.
- Do not operate grinder on wet floors.
- Use both hands when holding the grinder.
- Keep the power cord away from the grinding wheel and the material being ground.